A Little About Me...


Research requires an admittance of biases and personal beliefs which can impede judgement, or influence perspectives.

Therefore here is a living document that will keep my biases in a list form:

    - I am a woman, one who grew up from a poor background. Thus I attended public school, and was bullied, harassed, and stalked. Abuse of many forms have occurred though my life.

    - Religion was a part of my childhood, but as I have aged, it doesn't have any role in my day-to-day.

    - Deviancy is a topic I find fascinating. I have had friends who have dabbled in all sorts of deviancy: drinking, drugs, tattoos, body mods, sex work, etc. For example, those who are into BDSM and those who are more expressive with their sexuality have been my friends for years. I immerse myself into these people's experiences to understand why they enjoy what they do. What is it about these things that are not only satisfying to the person, but why is there a negative reaction from the public?

    - I dislike talking about politics, therefore you will see less of it here.

    - Crimes are also a fascination of mine. The theory of criminals and what steps lead them to the life they live is a topic with never enough answers.

    - Mental health is a vital part of many research topics, for how does depression manifest in humanity at younger ages? We lack a proper dialogue in terms of mental health, therefore I always push for the improvement of mental health.

    - Video games and the enjoyment of digital media is a pastime of mine.

Comments

Popular Posts