Jumping head first into Heathenry

Well. Guess who was convinced. 

After a few months of research, hanging out with heathens and fellow pagans, and in general immersing myself into that culture, I have transitioned slowly into heathenry. 

At first, I joined this community to learn more for my partner who knew he was a Norse Pagan. Being the supportive person, I wanted to know more, to be respectful to his spirituality. However, it helped that we landed on a supportive group one who took my memes and questions kindly, who talked to me at some of my lower points in life. 

They helped me get back into religion again without the baggage of Christianity. Without the dogma and with support for everyone they could help. I felt apart of the fold in a way, adopted as the weird witch girl with a knack for painting. "Serious Paganism" does not have to be the strict church I once went to. We laugh together, we cry together. It's refreshing to have people to talk to about religious experiences, about my doubts, about my worries. It's comforting. 

I know they didn't mean to convert me. The community has several non-heathens still there, and is just a good place to speak about religion. However going down the rabbit hole led to a few UPG moments that really pushed me from a more agnostic witch perspective to a Heathen.

We really do just sprout out of the ground. 

-Elle

Comments

Popular Posts